Perfect Safaris Terms and Conditions
Perfect Safaris is a specialist luxury African safari tour operator. Our Luxury African Travel Experts provide in-depth travel advice and tailor-make holiday itineraries for clients. Perfect Safaris acts as an agent for and on behalf of the client in procuring travel services. As such Perfect Safaris shall procure services for and on behalf of the client as agent for the client with the relevant principle/s concerned. Perfect Safaris shall, under no circumstances, be liable for the acts and omission, loss, damage, accident or delay caused by the relevant principle concerned.
APPLICABILITY OF STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
All and any business or contracts undertaken or advice, information or services rendered by Perfect Safaris, in connection with the services, whether gratuitous or not, is undertaken and provided in accordance with these standard terms and conditions of contract.
YOUR DEALINGS WITH PERFECT SAFARIS IN RESPECT OF TRAVEL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS OFFERED BY SUPPLIERS
In order to confirm our clients’ reservation, Perfect Safaris requires a 30% deposit payment for all accommodation and land arrangements (excluding Villas which requires a 50% deposit payment) and 100% upfront payment for airline tickets. Greater deposits may be required in instances of specialist product &/or peak season travel. Failure to do so will result in your reservation automatically being cancelled.
The balance of payment is due 10 weeks (80 days) prior to the commencement date of your itinerary. Bookings made within 10 weeks (80 days) prior to departure are subject to full prepayment at the time of confirming the reservation.
When booking flights with Perfect Safaris, we require a copy of all passengers’ passports. Airlines require the full names of passengers as printed on the passports and will not accept changes once tickets are issued. It is a security procedure which will ensure there are no discrepancies. Perfect Safaris accepts no responsibility for incorrect passport numbers or incorrect spelling of full names. Please ensure that you provide accurate information to your Perfect Safaris Luxury African Travel Expert.
In the event that you cancel your booking, in full or partially, for any reason whatsoever Perfect Safaris will levy cancellation charges as defined in the section below. In the occasional instance where Perfect Safaris is able to obtain waivers of cancellation fees and/or secure an ex-gratia refund from suppliers Perfect Safaris will pass this on to you less the Service Fee. However, Perfect Safaris makes no guarantees as to securing such waivers or refunds.
Cancellations of bookings must be done in writing. Where cancellations are sent by e-mail, you must obtain an e-mail proof of receipt and retain written acknowledgement of receipt from Perfect Safaris.
Cancellation of bookings:
81+ days before departure: Deposit non-refundable
0-80 days before departure: 100% Cancellation fee
Perfect Safaris will make every effort to confirm the required services after deposit payment. In the unlikely event of us being unable to confirm the itinerary travel services you will be offered alternative available travel services. Should the alternative available travel services not be acceptable to you we will provide a full refund .
Perfect Safaris will make every effort to avoid misquotation. However we reserve the right to cancel a reservation without liability or penalty if an obvious error or omission leads to a material cost implication.
No refunds will be given by Perfect Safaris for partly used vouchers or for no-shows.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
You will be liable for the total confirmed price, less any payments made by you plus any additional charges due to booking changes that may be charged as explained in this Agreement.
All payments must be made by credit card, internet transfer (electronic funds transfer) or telegraphic transfer (SWIFT). Payments are normally cleared within five business days. Cash and travellers cheques are not accepted.
If you fail to make the payments on or before the due date, your booking will be cancelled and you will forfeit the relevant deposit paid in terms of clause 1 above.
All customer quotation forms and customer confirmation forms generated by Perfect Safaris are based upon external supplier costs such as air fares, airport taxes, fuel surcharges, accommodation, car hire, park fees and gate fees which are outside of the control of Perfect Safaris. These supplier costs are therefore subject to change until final payment has been received or in the instance of air travel, until air tickets have been issued. You agree that should any such costs increase, such an increase will be for your account and shall be payable to Perfect Safaris or as otherwise instructed by Perfect Safaris.
- You also acknowledge that:
- airlines reserve the right to levy additional or increased airport taxes and fuel charges – without notice – at any stage prior to flight and any such costs increased as a result of an increase effected by the airline will be for the Client’s account and shall be payable to Perfect Safaris or as otherwise instructed by the airlines
- road transportation companies such as transfer and car rental companies reserve the right to levy additional charges due to fuel price increases and/or government road levies – without notice – at any stage prior to and any such costs increase as a result of an increase effected by the road transportation company will be for the Client’s account and shall be payable to Perfect Safaris or as otherwise instructed by the road transportation company;
- Government/National Bodies, concession owners and other such parties involved in the running of private or public natural parks reserve the right to levy additional or increased park fees – without notice – at any stage prior to arrival and any such costs increased as a result of an increase effected by such parties will be for the Client’s account and shall be payable to Perfect Safaris or as otherwise instructed by such parties.
CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
- Perfect Safaris will make every effort to adhere to the confirmed itinerary. However, where involuntary changes are significant– such as change of accommodation or transportation – Perfect Safaris undertakes:
- To provide a reasonable alternative at no additional cost, subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Supplier;
- In the event that you reject the reasonable alternative provided or should a reasonable alternative not be available as per i above, to refund you the monies arising from the involuntary changes, subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Supplier
- b) In the event of refunding you, to assist you in identifying alternative services, subject to all additional costs for the alternative services being for your account.
- c) Should you wish to make a Voluntary Change to your booking, Perfect Safaris will use its best endeavours to accommodate you. However Perfect Safaris reserves the right to charge the applicable cancellation fees referred to in this agreement as well as an additional administration fee of R300.00 per person per booking amended together with any additional costs arising from the Voluntary Change, including those charged by the relevant Supplier.
TRAVEL DEALS AND DISCOUNT RATES
- All Travel Deals and Discounted Rates advertised on the Perfect Safaris website or quoted in the Customer Quotation form have separate terms and conditions prescribed by the Supplier of the relevant goods and/or Services. It is your responsibility to obtain such separate terms and conditions as you will be bound by them.
WAIVER, INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
- All vouchers, receipts and tickets issued by Perfect Safaris to you are subject to the Supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Participation in any tour or travel package arranged by Perfect Safaris and provided by any of its Suppliers (including but not limited to transportation to or from any venue) is undertaken at your own risk.
- You indemnify Perfect Safaris and its directors, employees, assignees and/or agents against any claim arising for any damages or loss which might be instituted against it arising from or connection with the services contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Client, his/her heirs, dependants, agents, executors or their assignees hereby irrevocably waive any claims which they may have against Perfect Safaris for any form of compensation for damages which they may suffer due to injury and/or loss of any nature whatsoever, which includes accidents caused by the Client’s own actions, injuries or death while on the tour, in a transportation vehicle or at any place during the tour or illness or death at any time after the tour.
- Perfect Safaris acts solely in the capacity of an agent for third parties and as such Perfect Safaris holds themselves free of responsibility or liability for any delays, loss or damages from any cause whatsoever including loss/delay/damages/ dissatisfaction caused by third party products and services. Perfect Safaris shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any claim whatsoever as aforesaid, the Client acknowledging that, in the case of a defective product, it is unreasonable to expect Perfect Safaris to have discovered the product failure having regard to Perfect Safaris role in arranging access to the third party products and services on behalf of the Client.
Should the client experience or complain of any difficulty by failure of any part of the service, (even in circumstances beyond our control) Perfect Safaris will give prompt assistance to the client in difficulty. The client must communicate at the earliest opportunity, in writing or similar form to Perfect Safaris (and the supplier of the service concerned) to enable Perfect Safaris to assist. No compensation can be considered after the event if Perfect Safaris is not given this opportunity to rectify the situation.
YOUR DIRECT DEALINGS WITH OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS
- All airlines require the full names of passengers as stated in their passports.
- After air tickets have been issued, any changes will be subject to the relevant Airline’s terms and conditions applicable to that fare type.
- It is your responsibility to check and correct any errors in respect of your flight reservations which appear on the Customer Confirmation Form and Customer Booking Form. Perfect Safaris accepts no liability for incorrect details provided by you.
- Airfares are only guaranteed once final payment has been received and the air ticket has been issued.
- If any Airline levies additional or increased airport taxes and fuel charges at any stage prior to your flight, you agree that such an increase will be for your account and shall be payable to Perfect Safaris or to the Airline if instructed to do so.
- You must reconfirm all onward and return flights with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to your flight.
- Perfect Safaris cannot guarantee any airline seating or meal requests. However Perfect Safaris will endeavour to assist you in this regard.
- All of your baggage and personal belongings are at all times at your responsibility. Perfect Safaris will not accept any liability for your misplaced baggage or any loss or damage to your baggage or personal effects.
- Should you cancel your air ticket, the cancellation will be subject to the relevant Airline’s terms and conditions applicable to that fare type.
Should a refund be granted by the relevant Airline, it may be subject to a delay. Perfect Safaris will only be obliged to refund any amounts once it receives them from the relevant airline.
- Perfect Safaris will provide you with an e-ticket reference number together with a full itinerary, once the air ticket has been fully paid for.
In the event of a Voluntary Change, you will be responsible for the difference in all applicable fares and taxes.
- You must ensure that you meet the baggage regulations of the airlines and charter companies that you will be using. Perfect Safaris recommends that you seek the advice of its Luxury African Travel Experts. However you remain responsible for ensuring you meet the baggage regulations of each airline and charter company you travel with.
- In particular, light aircraft flights have extra ordinary baggage regulations which include but are not limited to weight, structure and shape. Perfect Safaris recommends that you seek the advice of its Luxury African Travel Experts.
- If you do not adhere to the relevant baggage regulations, the transfer of your baggage may be delayed and/or transferred at extra cost to you.
11) PASSPORTS AND VISAS
- You must ensure that you meet the necessary travel documentation, permit &/or visa regulations of the countries you intend entering, transiting or visiting. Perfect Safaris recommends that you seek the advice of its Luxury African Travel Experts. However you remain responsible for ensuring you meet these regulations.
- Your passport must have sufficient blank visa pages available in accordance with the regulations of various African countries. A minimum of 2 adjacent blank pages per country to be entered, transited or visited is recommended.
- Your passport must be valid for the prescribed period contained in the applicable regulations of the countries you will be entering, transiting &/or visiting. A minimum of 12 months after travel date is recommended.
- If you are travelling alone with minor children, you will need to provide a letter of consent from the absent parent/s that the children are allowed to travel with you.
12) INNOCULATION, IMMUNISATION AND MEDICATION
- You must ensure that you meet the immunisation, inoculation and medication regulations of various African countries. Perfect Safaris recommends you seek the advice of its Luxury African Travel Experts. However you remain ultimately responsible for ensuring you meet the immunisation, inoculation and medication regulations requirements of each African country your visit.
- It is your obligation to ensure that you are medically fit to travel.
13) TRAVEL INSURANCE
You agree to purchase comprehensive travel insurance at the time of your booking. You acknowledge that without such travel insurance, you will be responsible for all costs arising from any cancellation, re-routing or rescheduling of your trip or any emergency (medical or other) that may arise during your travels. As agreed above, you agree that in the event of you failing to purchase adequate insurance cover, you will not hold Perfect Safaris responsible for any harm or loss that you may suffer.
THE LEGAL STUFF
- No amendment, addition or consensual cancellation of this Agreement will be binding unless it is recorded in writing.
- These Terms and Conditions together with the Customer Booking Form and the Customer Quotation contain all the terms and conditions of the agreement between you and Perfect Safaris. Make sure that everything you have agreed to has been recorded in this Agreement. If there is any conflict between the provisions of these documents, the provisions of the Customer Booking Form will prevail.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of law to be invalid or void, such provision will be severed from the remaining provisions, without affecting the remainder of the agreement.
- Neither Party shall lose any of its rights under this Agreement if it does not immediately and in every instance insist on them.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and shall be enforced by the courts within the Republic of South Africa.
- You consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court, notwithstanding the fact that the amount involved may exceed the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court.
- If Perfect Safaris has to bring legal proceedings against you to enforce payments of amounts owed to it, you shall be responsible to pay all costs Perfect Safaris incurs in collecting the payment.
- You shall not be entitled to cede any of your rights or assign any of your obligations under this Agreement.
- If Perfect Safaris is prevented from carrying out all or any of its obligations under this Agreement because of an event beyond its control, Perfect Safaris shall be relieved of its obligations under the Agreement during the period that such event and its consequences continue, but only to the
- extent so prevented and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any such obligations or loss or damages which you may suffer due to such delay or failure.
- Updated versions of this Agreement may be sent to you from time to time as and when our policies and procedures change and when external factors such as legislative updates require. Please make sure that you read these amended terms and conditions carefully and raise any queries that you may have.
WEBSITE ACCESS AND USE
Access to and use of the website is entirely at the user’s risk. Perfect Safaris may discontinue or suspend the website at any time without notice, in such a circumstance it will endeavour to fulfil all prior obligations to clients. Perfect Safaris may block, terminate or suspend any user’s access at any time for any reason in its sole discretion, even if it continues to allow access to others. Perfect Safaris makes no representations and gives no warranties concerning the information provided or made available on any linked sites nor the quality or acceptability of the products or services offered by any persons or entities referenced in any such sites and not owned operated by Perfect Safaris.
INTERPRETATION, LAW AND JURISDICTION
Words stating or implying the singular, shall include the plural, words stating or implying one gender shall include any other, and reference to natural persons shall include legal entities and vice versa. This agreement is governed by South African Law. Both Parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Magistrate’s Court in regard to any action and/or proceedings based on/or arising from these Standard Terms and Conditions of Business. This document reflects the only and full agreement between you and Perfect Safaris and there exist no other terms, conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever (whether verbal, written, or implied) regulating the relationship between you and Perfect Safaris. No variation and/or extension thereof shall be valid unless agreed by both the Parties in writing. You will be liable for all legal fees in the event that Perfect Safaris has to engage a lawyer to enforce or defend any of its rights or otherwise.
Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of court, Perfect Safaris undertakes to deal with all Client information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis.